Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

  1. Today's gig at Kitty hawk Kites was a bit different! First I was an hour early because, even though I wrote down 1-4 in my book, I thought it was 12-4. Another thing it was so windy that when I went to the top of the tower, I had to keep a firm grip on my Santa cap or it would have ended up in Avon! Also a couple of gusts almost blew me off my feet!
    We were busy again all day with a line of up to a dozen during the last half hour. Today Santa received several lists and pictures and I will be sharing some of these with you. Here's a sample:
    More tomorrow, Santa is bushed now!
 

To continue Saturday’s adventure with Santa at Kitty Hawk Kites, please read on! This was the night when they lit the Christmas tree on Jockey’s Ridge and flew what they call Kites with Lights! It was a very good day for that because it was windy enough to fly a car hood! See Kitty Hawk Kites FaceBook page for some really cool shots of the event!
I am enclosing a couple more examples of the notes I got and I think you will understand why I had each read it to me! ... I will post the others on my blog Santa’s Diary with my best translation! On Saturday I got two separate requests for horses, my cousin Jan Welch would have appreciated that. I did ask one girl where she would put the horse and she said that she had a barn! Another girl wanted a Panda and after deliberation she decided a stuffed one was the best choice! Had one request for a snow board and I guess she was planning on sliding down the dune with it!
Here is a selection of wants from one list: Pug mask, Mud filter, Fake blood, Abandoned house, and a Ghost! I cannot begin to compute how these things relate…and they probably don’t! But I don’t want to meet that ghost covered with fake blood wearing the Pug mask in the abandoned house even if he has been through the mud filter!
And here’s another list: Puppy!!!!!!! Golden Retriever, Collar-Blue, Leash-Green, Shampoo for Puppy, Bed for puppy, Cage for puppy, Super Scooper, Everything for a puppy! Her Mom said this was the 4th year she had asked for a puppy(she was about 7 or 8) and it was probably going to be another year before she got one!
Today Santa was at the delightful brunch that Blue Water Grill has every Sunday. It was a special appearance and I spoke to about 2 dozen kids from 4 weeks old to 14 years old, the last who I had to remind that if she didn’t talk to Santa she would get underwear for Christmas! It was very nice because I was able to spend some time with each little one and get to know them a bit! I am going to close this section of Santa’s diary with pictures of some of the lists and pictures I received yesterday. Next weekend Manteo tree lighting and parade! Come to downtown Manteo and share the Christmas spirit!

See More
Like
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment