Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 26, 2016


December 3, 2016

Whew, that was a very full day! It started with the parade through downtown Manteo during which I got to ride in the bucket of the hook and ladder fire truck. A good name for it, if I'm riding! I always try to make eye contact with as many children as I can during the parade! This year I think I got at least 80%! It is my favorite event of the year and this year was no exception. The Roanoke Island Fire Department always takes very good care of Santa and that puts them ...high on my nice list! The weather was crisp, clear and cool, just right for wearing a Santa suit!
After the parade I went to Manteo Elementary for photos with the kids! There were lots of requests for scooters this time around and 4 wheelers, a couple of hover boards and some bikes! One little guy asked for a real big chain saw, another wanted a multi colored yo-yo. There was a young lady who asked for a fake bow and arrow(I'm still trying to figure that one out!) We had a line for two hours straight and had about the usual number that were not going to sit on my lap under any circumstances!
After a brief break to go home and fix Jimmy something to eat (I told David he was on his own) I went to the Seagate North Shopping Center share with the children up that way! It was a bit less rushed and I had a good time and collected several pictures and I'm including the best one here! It was indeed a busy day for this Santa but a very fun one. I will leave with this request from a young fellow about 8, the only thing he wanted was some money donated to the "homeless organization"

See More

No comments:

Post a Comment