Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Christmas Shop in November

The last couple of days Santa has been at The Christmas Shop and I would like to share with y'all some of the requests from the children that stopped to see me. Next week I will be there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!  One of the first little guys that came by wanted a dirt bike with a gas tank.  When I looked a little puzzled, his Mom explained that having a gas tank would mean it wasn't battery powered.  Slime seems to be very popular this year, in the early going anyway.  I had a young lady that wanted a basketball hoop, she already had a basketball!  Did a set of photos with a couple and a black Scotty dog , all dressed in plaid.  The dog also wore  a set of antlers and still was very well behaved!  I had one little boy, about 3, who wanted a bucket, no explanation was forthcoming because his folks had no idea where that came from!   One of the moments that helped restore my faith in our young people was the teenager that told me what she wanted for Christmas was for the two people who her family drew off the angel tree to have a nice Christmas!
       Since I am in the back room that is Santa filled, ornament, figures, etc. sometimes I will play a little game where I will sit perfectly still until someone walks past me and then I will move, just turn my head or cross my arms.  It frequently will produce an interesting response because they were assuming I was one of the figures.  Today there was a Mom and her daughter who came into the room and walked right past so I just turned my head. Mom was startled but her daughter almost jumped out of her skin!  There was another young lady who wanted an Apple watch but she couldn't explain to me how she would deal with a big red thing on her wrist!
     Every year there are one or two things that happen that really demonstrate the spirit of Christmas to me and really make my season.  Today it started with a little girl about 5 who couldn't get over the fact that Santa was there and she did not know that I was going to be there!  We talked for a bit and she showed me a seashell she had found on the beach today after looking "all day long"! We chatted a bit longer and she suddenly said "Santa, I want you to have this shell!"  Well, I graciously accepted it, since she was demonstrating the spirit of giving by taking this hard-won shell and giving it to someone else!  But that's not all, Folks!
After a bit she and her Mom went on to another room but her Dad, carrying a younger brother was still close to me.  So I called him over and gave him the shell, asking him if he would make sure that this generous little girl got her shell back on Christmas morn!  I suggested that if she left Santa cookies maybe leaving the shell on the plate!  I just wish I could see her face on Christmas day!  And that's one of the reasons I do this!  More from Santa's lap next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment