Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Belk

Just a short Santa report about today appearance at Belk. We are still moving, even today, and I'm running on fumes! One of the reasons I really love doing this appearance at Belk, even though it is early in the season, is the repeat visitors I get! I have done this particular gig for 5 or 6 years now and I recognize some families from the first time even! Regardless of the weather, we were very busy all afternoon and the folks at Belk had outdone themselves in the way things were set up. The marketing theme was Frozen and we had "Anna" there also, and "Frozen" cupcakes and a station were the kids could make ornaments, and hot chocolate and cookies, of course! So there was a lot going on and excitement ran throughout the store. Of course it was, as always, the children that made it for me, even the 90 year old who sat on Santa's lap and told me she didn't need anything but she would like another year, please, and I hope she gets it! Several little ones told me they wanted presents and I assured them that would happen if they were to behave all the way to Christmas! There were a few refusals but not a lot, mostly boys in the target range 1-3, and one little girl about 4. My favorite was the little girl who came back and gave me a hug about 7 times, maybe more! One little boy made sure I knew that he wanted a Christmas tree! Eventually my favorite extended family came in for their group picture but there weren't as many of them this year. I think there are 4 sisters and their children. Today only 2 of the sisters were present and when I asked , one told me the others had gotten too old. I should have told her about the 90 year old! So that's the tale for today from Santa's lap! I'll have more for you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment