Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

This will be a combined entry from the Weekend events in Downtown Manteo
 
Friday Night, December 6, 2013    Tree Lighting @ Downtown Manteo
 
 
Santa started about 6:10 tonight.  I wanted to give the performance going on onstage a chance to get started before I snuck in!  There was a back entrance and I managed to come in and I was only stopped 3 times for pictures.  Santa appeared on the upper balcony, think Outer above if your from OSF, and signaled the lighting of the tree.  Then I had 103+ kids in an hour and a half, so I wasn't able to take any notes, thus this is what I remember!
 
Several American girl dolls, all Sage! Couple of Barbies, one Ken and 1 mermaid.  And something new, to this Santa anyway, Several requests for Monster High Houses!Little girl wanted a dinosaur, and she was very certain it had to be a brontosaurus to be specific!Girl wanted a box of fake spiders, to scare her sister with.  I was reminded of the little girl, a couple of years ago, that wanted a box of bugs!Two sisters each of whom wanted an easy bake oven, their  third sister wanted a dirt bike!
 One request for a tractor, green, I said, "John Deere, all they do is run" and Dad about fell over!
Little boy with a list, item #6 - 1,000 Bay Blades, which reminded me of the time I gave David 40 Bay Blades for Christmas!  Anyway that was item #6 for this young lad and #3 was a new TV, you see he had "fixed " his old TV! We had a tiny girl who would only hug my arm, no closer!Another wee one who told me I had a moustache! Really!
A young girl wanted her Dad to come home for Christmas Eve and another girl wanted to spend Christmas with her friends and family
Another little guy wanted some scientific stuff. I asked if he was going to blow the house up, but he said he would use them outside!The Guinea Pig Girl was back and the boy who wanted a pogo stick.  Manteo is a small town, after all!
 
 
 
 
Saturday, December 7th, @ Manteo Boathose
 
 
Well, that was a bit of a bummer, bad weather forced the cancelling of the parade, consequently, we did not have many come downtown for pictures. We did have some really sweet kids come tho!
One little girl who was a Downs syndrome child, I believe, she was so sweet!  After the picture as sh started to walk away I motioned for her to come back and I told her I needed a hug, so she squeezed me real tight and said, "I love you, Santa!"  I said, "I love you too, Sweetheart!"  Santa had to take a moment to wipe his eyes then!

 The  little girl in the picture wanted a guitar, then two brothers came in and sat on Santa's lap...and the chair broke! I heard it crack when the second sat down but it didn't separate completely, so we finished the photo and Santa heard they both wanted dirt bikes. Then I got up and the seat in front was completely broken so we put in a second string chair, a rocker, very beachlike!
 
You know Santa has heard a lot of requests, so it takes a lot to surprise him, but I had one today that I hadn't heard before. A little girl came in and started to tell me what her heart's desires were: a doll baby, a bike, and . . a picture of a squirrel! Her Dad had such an astonished look on his face! 
 
 Helicopters, the remote control type(one step down from a drone) were very popular today, even had a little girl wanting one. Another little lady wanted a Hot Wheels racing car maker and some Hot Wheel Racers, too! A little boy wanted a fish, any fish, he wasn't particular!

 Finally I had a little girl who wanted a helmet for her doll so she could go horse-back riding, the doll, not the girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment