Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Sunday, December 9, 2018

December 9, 2018


OK, here's a short description of Santa's day! It all started at Blue Water Grill at 1. When I walked in there were already at least half a dozen kids present so I circulated and told each one to come see me at my chair by the tree and tell me what they wanted for Christmas! And before they left each one of them did stop for pictures and conversation! All of that group did come sit on my lap! I did have time to visit the lovely Brittany at the Silver Bonzai shop which is located in Blue Water temporarily!

Now's a good time to explain what I have observed about the refusal of children to come to Santa. I can almost always tell when a child first appears what the result is going to be, not that I don't get surprised sometimes! First there are the ones that come running up to me, then there are those that come in kicking and screaming and I know if there is a picture to be taken it will be one with the little one crying! Then there is the large number that fall somewhere in-between those extremes! I have learned a number of tricks to get them to come to me but mostly I just act like I'm interested in them and I what to hear what they have to tell me. I know I have said this before but it has been my experience that between 11 months and 2 1/2 it is a 50/50 shot whether they re going to cry! And with boys it is probably 60/40 slanted towards refusal! Today I had about 4 real successes, one was a little girl that her Mom said it was 4 years in the making!!!

Next stop for Santa was the Christmas Shop which is one of the best locations for kids. You see they give each child that visits Santa a gift bag containing an ornament, a candy cane and a toy. Pretty nice swag for visiting the fat guy in the red suit! We had several nice family groups and one of those screamers I told you about! She didn't even want to come in the room, I knew she was never going to sit on my lap!

    After this Santa had to brave the storm and travel up to Kitty Hawk UMC for a visit! "The weather outside was frightful" Santa read the assembled children about the reason we give presents at Christmas! Had some really delightful children tonight there including some I had seen when I visited the daycare there. After grabbing a few cookies Santa was off!

    Then back into the rain to Faith Baptist in Manteo, to see some of my favorite children, some of whom have grown into teenagers! You can see some of these pictures here also. Finally Santa was able to go home and get out of the storm with some fried chicken and potato salad for supper! A bonus was the schools are on a 3 hour delay tomorrow so I'm sleeping in! Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment