Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve, 2012


    Well, it's Christmas Eve and I'm making probably my last entry until next November sometime.  There have been several recent gigs for Santa and I will try to cover them all in this entry.

 

      A big excursion for Santa was last Tuesday when he took Ms. Santa and went to work with the school on Ocracoke Island.  A friend, Courtney Connor,  who also does Linus in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, was directing a Christmas program that involved every student in the school from preschool to high school.  She used to teach at the school and even though she is based in New York City now she came down to direct, choreograph, & produce their program and she asked Santa to help.  Well Route 12 requires 4 wheel drive so, Santa & Mrs. Claus drove over to Swan Quarter to take the 2-1/2 hour ferry ride to Ocracoke Island.  Now there are only 2 ferries a day each way so careful advance planning was required. 

    The weather was gorgeous and we made the ferry without any problems, even the return trip at 7am the next morning.  The kids were marvelous and it was a very entertaining show.  My favorite number was one featuring middle school boys and fish that would have made Judy Kennedy proud!  There were several other numbers, a tap dance, a ninja number, and many others that were very inventive!

   The little ones were especially cute, as always.  Several wanted to tug on Santa's beard and Santa was able to remember his lines, mostly.  I even threw in a couple of adlibs, once I got a feel for the audience.  I'll post a couple of the picturesof the program!  After the show I sat for a while on stage for pictures with the littlest ones on my lap.  It was an early night for Santa because the ferry left at 7 am the next morning and you needed to be there 30 minutes ahead of time.

     Santa has had a couple of other theatre related appearances in the last week or so.  He has appeared at the Outer Banks Jubilee and has been coerced into coming up on stage the last two shows.  Thank goodness they didn't ask Santa to sing and he was able to demonstrate his own form of upper body dancing.  Simply plant the big boots and don't move them, but everything above them shakes like a bowl full of  jelly!  It was a lot of fun and I went to the lobby after the show to greet any little ones there in attendance.  There was a set of twins, older teenagers who got their picture taken with Santa.  After the picture was taken they said "we want to take another one, only we all have to make "duck"  faces."  I wasn't quite sure what we were to do but you may see a few pictures of Santa making a strange face or two, because that's what we did for everybody else too.  Duck Faces!  Did get a nice compliment from the Producer and Star of the show.  She said, " You are a Santa who is a step above the others!"  That was pretty nice to hear, because I do love doing it!

   There were two other gigs for Santa, Saturday afternoon at Stripers, where I met a young man, about 4, who spent a lot of time protecting Santa from aliens!  I didn't have to worry about them for quite a while and I finished up today with a visit to Colony Ridge Nursing & Rehab Center to give out gifts to a group of the sweetest folks, including another 100 y7ear old lady.  It was so nice to see the smiles from that group of our more experienced folks.  I did stop by the hospital on the way home to see if there was anyone who needed a visit from Santa, but they told me that there weren't any young ones in the hospital tonight, which was a good thing, Santa thinks!  So I left some candy Canes for those who have to work on Christmas Eve!

  Well that wraps up Christmas 2012 for this jolly ol' Elf!  Thanks for reading my ramblings; I'll see y'all next November!  And now:

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL and to ALL,

A GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment