Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 12th-Evening


Well, Santa has fallen a bit behind on his blog, so I will see if I can catch y'all up a bit(overheard two little boys talking while they were waiting in line to see Santa)      
                     1st Boy-Did you hear that?   Santa doesn't have a Southern accent!

                     2nd Boy-What did you expect?  He lives at the North Pole!

          After breakfast at the DCC on Wednesday, Santa had an evening performance for the Children's Museum.  It was at the Brewing Station and was billed as Santa and the Train.  I only saw the train as I passed by it from the parking lot and a good thing too because it was outside and the wind was howling and it was cold!  Santa got to be inside where it was nice and warm.  And that can be a challenge in the  big red suit!

          The nice ladies running the fundraiser were kind enough to split the Santa appearance into two shifts so Santa would not get too tired.  This meant  there was another Santa from 3:30 til 5 and the real thing from 5 til 7.  Well, I got there as close to 5 as I could because you don't want Santa to be late and when I walked in the other Santa was still there.  I was stuck in the entrance with kids all around me until someone came and spirited me away to...the Men's Room.  After a few minutes someone came and told me the coast was clear.  I did tell the lady in charge that I would just do the whole thing myself next year.  Golly I did seven hours straight with just two bathroom breaks at the Christmas Shop the Saturday before!

          There were a real nice bunch of kids that I met that night, even though we started with a string of refusals.  No screamers, but several in a row that weren't about to get on my lap.  Enough to make Santa wonder if he used his deodorant before he got dressed, but most did fall into the age I have mentioned before, 8 months to 2 and 1/2 years.  Then we got rolling and we had several girls that wanted baby dolls, mostly American Girl and Jennifer is leading the pack for American Girl dolls this year, with mentions of Julie and a few Barbies too!

          There were a lot of skateboards this evening and Santa always let it be known that helmets and knee and elbow pads come with every skateboard!  Trucks are still popular with the boys and one girl along with the skateboards.   The most unusual request of the evening had to go to the little one who wanted a penguin!   

          That's another first, but after a while, I think I figured out where the request came from, at least the idea!   There was a play area set up for the kids waiting and there were several inflated penguins located in the area for the children to play with.  We did take a short break for a contest of Elf costumes.  Santa was called on to Judge and we had 6 winners...out of 6 contestants!  One had best hat, one had most sparkles, one had...oh you get it!

          So that was Santa's adventures on Wednesday evening.  I am including a couple of  lists that Santa got so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment