Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Well, the Santa business is a little slow this week, but it picks up this week end with a Friday night appearance at the Outer Banks Jubilee and all day Saturday at The Christmas Shop.  So until then I will be posting notes from last year I didn't get published then.
                                                        This one is from Dec 21, 2011:
  Had the most serious little girl you could possibly imagine.  She didn't know what she wanted for christmas  but after a lengthy series of questions from  me, she did admit that an iPod would be pretty nice because she liked to listen to  all kinds of music.  Although she had never heard of Dean Martîn or Perry Como.  A serious gap in her education, in my view!
   The next little boy wanted hunting stuff because he liked to go hunting with  His Dad.  When I asked what he hunted he answered "deer" Well, we established pretty quickly that it wasn't reindeer he hunted.
    Some Mothers have an enormous amount of patience.  The story behind  a little girl about 4 who would not come up and sit on my lap, not totally unusual but a little older than most that refuse. After Mom spent several minutes trying to convince her they left.  About 10 minutes later they came back.  The little girl came right to me and got in my lap.  Of course she would not smile or even raise her head.  Finally the Mom decided that was as good as it was going to get, a picture of the top of her head, and then  camera froze up!
   Another little girl wanted a big red barn, with lots of horses and stalls.  Another young fellow asked for a BuzzLightyear jet back pack. 
   Had a couple of youngsters who cried.  Here's a tip for parents of little ones, if the child is kicking and screaming, don't put them on Santa's lap because they aren't going to stop!  And it doesn't work to have Santa with a squirming, kicking child in his lap!  Personally if they are kicking I will set them back down on the floor.  Occasionally, I can calm them down but it is going to happen before they get on my lap!
   Two brothers, somewhere between 5 and 7,    had nearly identical lists, roller skates, game tables(football & hockey), and golf bags. I had to ask them where they played, to which they answered , "in the field with Dad. And one time at the base with Dad, early, real early, dark early!"

No comments:

Post a Comment