Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 13, 2012

Well, I have fallen a bit behind on the blog so I need to catch up a bit!:

Last Thursday morning was really special. The Make-A-Wish Foundation was granting the wish of a little kindergarten girl at Nags Head Elementary. So Santa got to join in the fun too. There must have been about18 to 20 little ones and they were the best behaved kindergarten children Santa has seen in a long time. T...he little girl had her big sister and a couple of other friends there too. Each child had a special gift bag done up by the folks at Spring Arbor.(More about them in a little bit!) And they sat and patiently waited until they got their own bag before they opened it. They have a wonderful teacher who is definitely on Santa's nice list!
The little girl's wish was to go to Disney World and it was so special to be able to share this time with her. She was a real little princess! My favorite comment of the morning was the little boy who said I can tell you are the real Santa because I can see your mouth! Referring of course to all those fake beards which just have a hole to speak through! Anyway, it was a magical morning and difficult to leave all the love in that room! On the way we stopped at the school office so the ladies there could tell Santa their Christmas wishes!
Then it was on to Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center to thank the folks there for making up the bags for the Kindergarteners. Santa decided they needed a personal thank you from him for their good deed! Met a real nice group of folks there, one lady said I even smelled like Christmas. I'm not sure what Santa smells like but it was a nice thought! I also met one lady who had just turned 100. She was in the beauty parlor and she wouldn't talk to Santa until she got her hearing aids in! She was a lively one! They were all a very nice group including the staff and Director Miss Dianne! And that's the latest from the North Pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment