Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday in the Boathouse

December 1, 2012
     Santa had a great day at the Boathouse in downtown Manteo today, taking pictures with Manteo Elementary PTO and over 100 great kids!  The ladies of the PTO had everything organized so it ran very smoothly and I didn't hear anyone have a meltdown from waiting in line too long.  The photographer was excellent and always ready with the camera, after all, sometimes the picture is only there for an instant!  And I can't say enough about how wonderful the children were!  Santa could just feel the love pouring off them! One of responsibilites Santa has is to make sure the children know that they are loved just as much.  I think we only had two little ones that wouldn't sit with Santa. Now that's not to say there weren't some tears, but those pictures will be worth their weight in gold someday!  There were a couple who started to shy away, but in both cases, once I got their Moms to turn them so they were looking at me, I was able to get them to come sit in my lap!
     There were a lot of requests for trucks and baby dolls, and American Girl dolls.  One little guy wanted a dump truck, a garbage truck and a monster truck.  Santa even had one request for a bike with an American Girl seat on the back, which was a rather unusual one.  iPads and iPod Touches were big and air rifles also! There was one request for a sniper rifle, and two sisters each wanted a horse.  I asked if they were going to keep them in their bedroom.  After one little girl   had  run down her list she confided in me, "I still like Mickey"  I told her Santa did too!  Another one wanted a hamster and her Mom said she could have it, too!  The most unusual  request of the day was the little girl who wanted a tree house, ten steps up, big enough for four(because she wanted to be able to invite her three friends)...and a zipline to get down from it!  So all in all, it was a very good day for this Santa!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment