Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Saturday, December 8, 2012


The Christmas Shop


 

      Santa had a wonderful time at the Christmas Shop today.  Talked to over 110 great kids and most of them sat on my lap at some point.  Eddie told me it only took them 40 some years to get Santa into the Christmas Shop, but he has already reserved Santa's services for next year! 

The flow was real steady, never had a very long pause, the two brief bathroom breaks I  took resulted in someone waiting for me when I returned.  At the same time there were never more than three groups waiting in line at any one time, which was a good thing because the anxiety increases the longer the kids are in line. 

The first little guy wanted a Race car, green and blue and yellow!

When I asked  who his favorite driver was, he told me the green one. I guess he meant Kermit,

Next was a little girl who wanted a big pink kitchen so she could cook vegetables. When asked which one she said  Like Strawberries!
 
Then there was a boy who wanted a Toy gun and a tractor. Green because he was a John Deere man

 A little girl wanted a Barbie, she wasn't sure which one. She had more Barbies than she could keep track of  so she wasn't sure which one she wanted.

Several bike requests, usually big girl in pink!

 Girl wanted a scooter.  Little guy wants a real 4 wheeler. When asked if he could drive one he answered yes.  Santa decided to pursue this so he asked if the little guy ever had driven one
He answered no but he knew that he could.  Sounds just  like a lot of drivers today
 
Little boy asked for a hand gun.  When asked what kind,  he said BB. So of course I said you'll put your eye out.  Mom and Dad laughed and said they would have to watch the movie this year.  I explained to him about the guy wanting a Daisy Air Rifle but I told him I wasn't going to spoil it by telling him whether he gets it!

 Another Boy wanted a red and black bike   A rough rider 360.  And blue jeans. 2 pairs cuz he is rough on them. 

His brother wanted an electric scooter.  A rough rider 360(going to have to see what that is). And new shoes because his were  getting too short

 Little girl wanted an American Girl doll. She couldn't remember the name She also wanted  a Justin Beiber water bed. Which is one I hadn't heard of

A little Girl with came in with a stuffed otter and  wanted Pikemon cards. I asked if she wanted the Black & White ones and she seemed surprised I knew that much about Pokemon.

 Little boy wanted a puppy. After I explained that mom had to agree and she mentioned their three cats. We decided a stuffed dog would be fine


It takes a lot to make a request that Santa has never heard, after all I have been doing this for a while.   Today one little boy managed to spring a new one on me.  He asked for a big black spider.  That I had never heard before!

His sister wanted a doll...a snowman doll

Another little girl wanted a dollhouse, there are some standards that pop up each year Then a littl guy asked for a stuffed Nemo and a live fish, any variety!

 There were several, "I don't know" or blank stares. There is a certain performance anxiety to being on Santa's lap, I guess.

 Then there was a little girl asking for a cotton candy machine and a puppy.  Mom said they have large dog so it was ok to ask for a puppy, hope he doesn't get in the cotton candy!

 There were two separate requests for cowboy boots.... from girls, one of whom asked what Santa wanted for Christmas. I explained that Santa could always use cookies!


One little girl wanted a guitar... Purple!

 One fellow asked for a remote control helicopter.  Santa asked if he wanted it to learn how to fly it, but he said he knew how to fly because he had one already but he needed a different one, one that works!

 A  little girl asked for a Guinea pig and a cage and... earrings, for the Guinea pig, one wonders?

 A well dressed( tie with matching pants and vest)  young man came very well prepared with a brochure of a dwarf hamster, with cage and toys, etc.

The last little girl of the day asked for a Stroller for her doll. Santa asked  what's your dolls name And she replied "Santa Claus, Just like you!"

And That's All, Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment