Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012

     Still trying to catch up on Santa's doings. I actually have had quite a few, considering the move here just this August. I do miss all the folks in Alabama that were regulars for thisSanta. But I have made a lot of new friends here also! Last weekend I had two wonderful visits at two separate churches. At both churches almost all the children were willing to come sit on my lap, tell me what ...they wanted for Christmas and give me a hug! You haven't lived until one of those little bundles of love gives you a tight hug! It's enough to help one get through almost anything!

     There weren't any unusual requests from either group. Lots of doll babies, and monster trucks. There seem to be quite a few Easy Bake Oven requests this year and the Ninja Turtles are making a comeback this year. Did get a couple of written requests and something for the Reindeer. I will try to post these on Santa's blog!

      Santa has to share a marvelous experience he had doing a gig with "Toys 4 Tots" at the Dare County Center. This is the type of experience that makes my Christmas season.

      There was this little 7 year old blonde that came and sat on my lap and told me she wanted a bike for Christmas, a pink one please! Mom was standing behind her and as she shook her head sadly, I could see it wasn't in their budget. Well, I have a weakness for the little ones so just I hugged her and told her we would have to see. (Santa doesn't promise something that isn't going to happen)

     The line continued to come through, about 60 or so with the usual requests. One exception was a 10 year old girl who said she wanted to give her presents to those that weren't going to get any! Yes, there are those who think of others during this season! Each of the kids was given a bag with several nice gifts that had been donated by businesses and individuals in the area.

     Later they had a drawing for about a dozen donated bikes and when they brought out this one with pink wheels and a pink seat and a pink helmet, God must have been watching over things, because they called the name of this same little blonde that wanted a pink bike! Its times of serendipity like that that really gladden this ol' Santa's heart! Her eyes got so big, it was wonderful. I'm afraid I don't have the words to convey the wonder of the sight! After she had taken her bike out to the car, she made a special trip back to thank and hug Santa for her bike. I tell you, I have the best job in the world and thank you to "Toys 4 Tots" for making this little girl's dream come true...and that of a lot of other kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment