Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 25, 2017

December 16, 2017

     Well, today started early: 8:15 at the Nag’s Head Fire House with a breakfast with Santa for the families of all the firefighters. The room was full and Santa had a great time with all the kids including the twin sons of one of the teachers at FFHS! The best part was there were no refusals, one little girl was too shy to come up at first but when she saw what a great time her sister had, she decided she needed to come see Santa! 
     Next stop was The Children’s Museum and Santa for the children with Special Needs, obviously a cause close to my heart! Last year we had a very small turnout so we weren’t sure what to expect this year. Well, we need not have worried because the room was full in no time and a great time was had by all, including Santa. It was pretyy close to bedlum according to the photographer and I’m paraphrasing here , he had been in quieter dance bars! One little guy was so excited that he ran over to me and started telling me how he had just seen the big, blue boat he wants at Wal-Mart! I had to explain that gifts don’t come until Christmas eve because he was sure I could go right up there and get it for him now! Again, I’m pretty sure we got every child in Santa’s lap at this site!
      Santa’s next stop was at Absolutely Outer Banks new store just down the road a bit. This was a fundraiser for SPCA and dogs were welcome for pictures! We did a total of 4 dogs, from a miniature to a Golden! There were also a few kids that came including a delightful pair of twin girls, one of whom asked for a Flamingo, another first for this year! Santa also got his picture taken with Doris the stuffed pink pig who was in a dress! I guess she travels a lot and gets her picture taken, I saw one of her at Bodie Island Light!
      Then it was off to a private party with a family from Richmond who had rented a place on the beach with 18 bedrooms and filled all of them. Several little ones between 1 and 2 and of course the odds held up and only one of them came to Santa’s lap willingly! It is the age! Great folks tho!
       Last stop of the day was at the Dare County Dance concert at Manteo High School and the auditorium was packed! After the show Santya was to give each little dancer a gift and have his picture taken with them individually! That was tricky because we did it onstage and as each came up I had to find who was taking pictures of that one and focus on them, I finally started asking, “Where’s your Momma?” Just to facilitate the process. One of them gave me a small Santa and the most unusual thing to happen was one little girl gave me her binky and when I tried to give it back her Mom said, “No, she is giving it up for good now!” So Santa was assisting in the process of growing up and that’s perfectly ok by me! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment