Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 25, 2017

December 20, 2017

Yes, I know, no recent posts about Santa's adventures. Well, that's not because he has been loafing. Over the last three evenings, Santa has been working with Toys for Tots at the DCC and serving 480 children of Dare County. Monday was the littlest ones, 0-4. A lot of screamers but some real sweethearts too. Pictures will be coming out on the DCC Facebook page soon. Tuesday night was 5-8 year olds and they were mostly very cooperative as the picture will show! Each one got a bike and that made for some big smiles! Santa reminded each one to be sure and wear their helmet while riding.
Tuesday Santa also had a great experience at Food Dudes, having lunch with a friend and one of the female staff walked out carrying a toddler. When he saw me and had "the look" I offered him a candy cane, Santa carries a bagful this time of year! About 3 minutes later she came back in with him and told me her husband was the owner of Food Dudes and had told her to get a picture. So we sat the little guy on my lap and got the picture you see herehttps://www.facebook.com/146541977662/photos/a.10150430870727663.369401.146541977662/10155543331827663/?type=3&theater
A little later a young mother with a little girl and her parents came in and sat beside us. Of course, I gave her a candy cane and a little later a sticker and she flirted with me throughout the meal. When it came time for the check, the waitress came over, BTW we had wonderful service, and told us that our lunch had been taken care of! I was very pleasantly surprised that the Grandfather had picked up our check, a very generous gift for Santa during this season!
But I digress, Tuesday night I had agreed to serve as Santa for the hospital's event at the Elizabethan Gardens and they needed me at 7. While taking care of the kids at DCC, I was keeping one eye on the clock and it was approaching seven at about 6:50 we handed out the last gift bag and bike and I was off. 6:57 into the car and ready to head to the north end of the island.
Of course I feel in behind someone who went 25 all the way through Manteo. No I didn't try to pass him but I was tempted! Anyway I got to the Gardens just slightly late. It was a very fun event with lots of kids, some from previous years also
Tonight was the older kids at DCC 9-16 and through the funds raised, brand new tablets were purchased for each11-16 registered. Tonight I decided to have a lot of fun with the kids and as each one came to sit of my lap, I would ask them what they thought might be in the package, then I would proceed to spin a yarn about what was in it( a box of pancake mix, the treasure of the Sierra Madre( and of course they had no idea what that was) The complete works of the 3 Stooges( again no idea) and my personal favorite, Trained racing cockroaches!
After I got the proper reaction, I would confess it was a tablet. A couple I had to have them open the gift so they could see I was right after all! All in all a real fun evening
Food Dudes Kitchen
🎅🏻 is getting ready to travel the world soon, but first he needed a southwest steak wrap before he starts loading the sleigh 🛷 😊 #fooddudeskitchen #

No comments:

Post a Comment