Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 25, 2017

Decemder 17, 2017, Part 2

      Sunday’s Santa adventure started at Bluewater with a crowd of kids which was great! Mostly small ones 2-3 years which is the danger zone but it went pretty well, though there was one little girl who would never get close enough for a picture and I tried all my tricks. Santa has to have a thick skin and short memory sometimes. I worked on several for a long time and they all came over or got pictures on the move with Santa. I will include a picture I got from one little one and my favorite request was the little girl who said she wanted a dinosaur and when I asked what kind of dinosaur she said a purple one! Silly me! Perhaps the nicest thing about living in a small town (and during the winter, the OBX are a small town) is the fact you get to see some of the kids grow up! As I was preparing to leave some folks were coming in from the Candy Bomber at the airport. I don’t know how they organize it out there and I only see the end result, but very few of the little ones I see get any candy. It all seems to go to the big kids, at least my crowd thinks so!
      Then I was off to The Christmas Shop and a big crowd awaited Santa there. Again some folks from the Candy Bomber and some who came specifically the real Santa! The setup at The Christmas Shop is one of the best I work. Each child gets a small bag with candy cane, ornament, sticker and jingle bell! I heartily recommend y’all check it out next year! Had a little one with a list that looked like gibberish but he read it all to me, at least all of it minus one even he couldn’t figure out! And this gig finished with a picture of Lamby all dressed up! You can see that picture on my page! And a few others, Thanks Bill Hinkle!
Now home to do a few video calls with the Talk to Santa program. I get some really interesting questions on these calls. Tonight I talked to children from Oklahoma,, NY, Maryland, CA, and Montreal! I was asked how deep the snow was at the North Pole( twice), how many elves I had(3 times), what the reindeers favorite food was, how I saw them, and what my father’s name was! The best requests was for a 3D printer so she could make fidgets and sell them at school. Watch out for this girl, she is going to be a millionaire by 25! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment