Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 4, 2017

December 2, 2017-Parade

  1. Today was the parade and I think it is Santa's favorite event that he does each year! There are so many kids that Santa gets to interact with during the parade that it is almost overwhelming. Again I apologize to any adult friends I may not have waved at but my eyes are on the children on this morning! I really try to make eye contact with every single child on the parade route and believe me that is not easy! Especially during the downtown section of the parade!
    It was f...un having the Manteo High Marching band right in front of the firetruck I was riding in because I was able to react to the music. I won't say dance but I could bounce and bob! Note in the pictures the ride I had to get from Manteo Elementary School to where the fire truck was parked at the high school. She has been my chauffeur for the last few years and it has been great! We always ride through the parking lot at the high school and Santa gets to wave at all of the kids on the various floats or in the many marching unit! One of my favorite moments was when we were stopped along the route and a young girl called up to me asking me to "Dap" which is a move done with your head and both arms. So I did and she told me it made her day! After the parade end over near COA, my ride picked me up and took me back to the grade school. Next post I'll tell y'all about how the visits went at MES and Southern Crossing!

No comments:

Post a Comment