Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Saturday, December 2, 2017

November 26, 2017

  1. Saturday was another busy day for Santa and I have some more lists and cards to Santa to share with you. It all started at Kitty Hawk Kites at 1 pm and ended at 7 at Southern Crossings in Southern Shores! I do have to say I was exhausted today and I was doing the Children's Sermon at both services this morning. Had that not been the case I might have just slept in!
  2. Here are some of the highlights from the day. It was warmer but the elves rigged up an umbrella to give Santa some shade. It was pretty constant all afternoon, in fact at about 4 with a line that was snaking down the boardwalk I warned my head elf, we might have to cut it off, something I hate to do! Santa wants to see ALL the kids! Luckily I was able to see all that were there!
  3. Unicorns figured heavy in the requests again yesterday and remote controlled Tyrannosaurus Rex ! One little guy said he wanted it to do what he told it to, I think he may have had an older sister or brother! Did have a kid ask for THE sleigh today. Pointed out to him that Land's End has one in it's catalog that lists for $9,500 with free shipping!
  4. Something new this year is a lot of requests for drones! Of course lots wanted phone or tablets and a heavy concentration on hoverboards! There were also a lot of requests for nerf guns! One fellow wanted a bow and arrow so he could go hunting deer with his Dad! Another wanted golf clubs, bag and shoes. Maybe the most unusual request I had was a little one that asked for the board game Sorry! Don't think I've had that one before!      
  5. Santa had his picture taken with a pair of English Bulldogs that were very nice and didn't slobber too much on his boots! Later on, Santa got a picture with 4 Newfoundland Dogs! Thank goodness two were still about half grown and only weighed about 85 pounds apiece! They were very well behaved and perhaps I will post that picture later this week.
  6. Hatchables were big again this year! And the afternoon saw a lot of refusals to sit on Santa's lap, screaming and hollering and kicking! It seems to run in cycles at times. If a little one sees someone crying and fussing, frequently they will also. Santa has learned that if they are a kicker you put them on the floor between your legs. It saves the shins! It's interesting that the parents of the screamers are of two separate camps with virtually no middle ground! They either just go ahead and take the picture and figure they have a keepsake or they simply don't take the picture and say they will wait till next year!  I have found that usually if they are screaming when first placed on Santa's lap that seldom stops so it's best to go ahead and  take the picture.  Occasionally, if the photographer is ready you can get a shot when they are first placed on Santa's lap before the screaming starts!     
  7. Well, that's all for me tonight, Santa will be resting up til next weekend when he has a very busy schedule. As we get closer to the weekend I will post times and locations for anyone interested. Enjoy the following pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment