Yes, Santa, I have been good!

Yes, Santa, I have been good!
One of my alltime favorite Santa pictures!

Monday, December 25, 2017

December 23, 2017 Part 1

Christmas Day seems appropriate for the last entry for this season! It has been probably my busiest season with about 40 appearances overall! As I reflect back on the times I have worn the big red suit, I feel, more than ever, the responsibility I bear when I am wearing it to bring joy to as many of our youngest and most vulnerable as possible. These last few days have really brought that home to me, so here is what Santa did to bring his season to a close.
On Friday, I visited a daycare to have fun with 15 little ones. It was a really good time and my favorite memory is of sitting with a little girl talking about what she wanted and she told me she wanted a blue baby doll. Her Mom was right there and the look on her face was as puzzled as mine. So I asked the little girl why she wanted a blue doll and there was no specific answer so I suggested she get a baby doll and name it Blue. This seemed to satisfy her and Mom breathed a sigh of relief since she wouldn't have to find a blue doll! Here's a picture of some of the group:


No comments:

Post a Comment